- This event has passed.
Hepatobiliary disease in cats and dogs
10 January - 30 January£159.00
Patients with liver and biliary disease are common, often emergency, presentations in general practice. Cases can be challenging to investigate and treatment is often long term requiring good communication and clear explanation for the owner. This course is designed to address the most common presentations of hepatobiliary disease in small animal practice providing a clear and consistent approach that can be modified to suit individual client and patient needs. Key topics to be covered in hepatobiliary disease in cats and dogs:
Hepatobiliary disease in cats and dogs – Modules:
- Investigation of hepatobiliary disease with particular focus on interpretation of liver enzymes and ultrasound images.
- Restoring the hepatobiliary system to health – general principals of the treatment based on anatomy and function.
- Approach to the common presentations of liver disease including jaundice, ascites and raised liver enzymes
- The liver in crisis – management of emergency cases.
- Canine inflammatory/infectious hepatobiliary disease.
- Feline inflammatory/infectious hepatobiliary disease.
- Approach to the diagnosis and management of liver masses and neoplasia.
- Vascular abnormalities of the liver.
- What next when the hepatobiliary system reflects disease elsewhere
Hepatobiliary disease in cats and dogs take approximately 8 hours to complete and can be completed at your own pace and at any time over the course’s 3-week period. There are webinars, downloadable course notes and clinical cases to work through, plus – what makes our courses unique – a busy clinical forum where questions and answers are posted and where delegates have access to the instructor for the duration of the course. This always generates some lively discussions and the idea that no one should leave a course with any unanswered questions.
At the end of the course there is a final exam plus a Certificate of Completion for your CPD records.
All our Tutored Online CPD Courses are written and taught by an expert in the relevant field. The tutor for this course is:
Dr Kit Sturgess MA, VetMB, PhD, CertVR, DSAM, CertVC, FRCVS RCVS Recognised Specialist in Small Animal Medicine Advanced Practitioner in Veterinary Cardiology