- This event has passed.
Understanding Equine Haematology
30th September 2021 @ 19:00 - 20:00Free
This Axiom Veterinary Labs webinar will cover the most significant haematological abnormalities seen in equine practice. Topics such as anaemia, thrombocytopenia and leukogram abnormalities are discussed. The webinar also looks at the application of haematology in common clinical scenarios, covering what it can and can’t tell us.
1. To become familiar with the causes of equine anaemia and how they can be investigated
2. To be aware of the factors that can cause erythrocytosis in horses
3. To become familiar with the causes of equine thrombocytopenia and factors to be considered
4. To understand how the equine leucogram can be influenced by common factors
5. To understand how equine acute phase indicators respond to the presence of disease.
Presented by Zoë Gratwick BVSc, MSc, MMedVet, DipECEIM, MRCVS
RCVS & European Specialist in Equine Internal Medicine.